By fostering the responsible use of BC’s outdoors and building bridges between outdoor recreation groups, the Outdoor Recreation Council represents the interests of the public outdoor recreation community and promotes and advocates access to and responsible use of BC’s outdoors for public recreation
A rapidly increasing population, growing pressures on our land and marine resources, and an ever diversified range of outdoor recreation activities call for a united voice.
- To promote the benefits of public outdoor recreation in British Columbia.
- To represent the interests of the outdoor recreation community to government, industry and the public.
- To advocate and facilitate access to public lands and waters for outdoor recreation.
- To foster responsible use of British Columbia’s outdoors by recreational users through advocacy and education.
- To be a forum for the exchange of views between government, outdoor recreation groups and other organizations in matters related to outdoor recreation.
- To build bridges between outdoor recreation groups.
Unique in BC
Founded in 1976, ORC works on behalf of about 40 provincial member groups, representing more than 100,000 individuals, as well as the general public, to protect the outdoor recreation way of life in BC.
ORC is the only organization that represents the interests of the full range of public outdoor recreation users of BC’s lands and waters.
As an independent, registered charitable organization, ORC is funded by membership dues and donations from organizations and individuals.
A Vision for British Columbia
Our vision is for British Columbia to be the world-leader in the conservation and enjoyment of outdoor places. Our vision is for all British Columbians to have access to diverse and abundant opportunities to enjoy outdoor recreation experiences.
We invite you to get involved in making it happen.