CTF/SC Vision Statement
The Canadian Trails Federation is a united voice for trails throughout Canada which will link communities and meet the needs of diverse cultures and trail users for their outdoor recreation and healthy living.
CTF/SC Mission Statement
The Canadian Trails Federation will:
Promote the recreational use of trails for healthy living and the enjoyment of:
- Canada’s unique landscapes,
- Create the conditions which will lead to the development of sustainable trails,
- Facilitate the sharing of information and resources,
- Promote the responsible use of trails.
What the Canadian Trails Federation does
The Canadian Trails Federation-Sentiers Canadiens represents the interests of provincial and territorial trail organizations across Canada.
At its bi-monthly directors’ conference call meetings and in its annual general meetings, which are held in different provinces each year, the CTF sets out to do the following:
- Share information on trail issues,
- Provide leadership and coordination for trail issues at the national level,
- Help to build consensus within trails.